Jobs home > Packaging Solution Engineer BA DOW
Would you like to be part of creating a better everyday life for the many people by developing affordable products and packaging solutions for people all around the world? Älmhult is home to IKEA of Sweden and here the IKEA range is developed based on the Democratic Design process and made available to stores and customers across the world.
At Business Area Dining, Outdoor & Workspaces (BA DOW) we are a diverse group of down-to-earth, straightforward people with a passion for home furnishing. We come from all over the world, but we share an inspiring vision: “to create a better everyday life for the many people”. Everything we do is based on a spirit of togetherness and enthusiasm, and now we are looking for someone who share our positive attitude and values.
Right now, we are looking for a Packaging Solution Engineer who together with us will
develop the IKEA product offer.
As a Packaging Solution Engineer in our diverse, capable and curious team, you will be a part of the development of packaging solutions for the many people in the areas of Dining, Outdoor or Workspaces.
- You are an important contributor in the creation of our products and solutions always keeping the customer and our supply chain in mind.
- ·You take a stand in important matters, and you are willing to challenge known patterns with the purpose to optimize the in order to deliver the best customer experience, sustainable solution and quality, at the lowest costs.
- You will be planning and conducting your own projects and deliver the ready solution documented in a part centric way in Solidworks and Plus.
- You will do this together with the team and suppliers around the world
We are looking for you who are passionate about creating the best packaging solution which are optimized for our supply chain and the customer, at the right price, with the right quality, and with a clear focus on sustainability.
As a Packaging Solution Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Developing packaging solutions for multichannel to meet demands on form, function, cost, quality and sustainability and make sure they work through the total value chain and the whole product lifecycle.
- The technical packaging documentation, securing that the documentation is up to date and according to IKEA standards by using Solid works and Artios CAD.
- Securing that the packaging solution meets all technical & legal requirements.
- Exploring new materials for packaging and discovering ways to improve costs, reliability and sustainability in packaging.
- Improve our working methods for developing packaging solutions, for example virtual development.
You have a University Degree in engineering or equivalent experience and knowledge, preferably within the area of packaging materials and solutions. You have experience in product development and/or creating and documenting packaging drawings, requirements and verification methods.
For this position we highly value great communication skills and the ability to lead yourself and others around you to make things happen. You are thriving in working in the unknown, finding new solutions and have a passion to learn. To be successful, you also need to have both analytical and creative skills and the ability to transfer knowledge, concepts, and ideas into packaging solutions.
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering working environment in a global marketplace. As the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us. At IKEA we believe that when you as an individual grow - IKEA grows!
We look forward to receiving your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English latest the 11th of December 2022,we don’t accept applications sent directly via email. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidates.
For further information regarding the assignment, please contact Hiring Manager Magnus Ståhl on email@example.com. If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact People & Culture Recruiter Katie Pettersson on +46 702994248.