The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at affordable prices . We are part of IKEA Al-Homaizi Limited, operating in three countries - Kuwait, Jordan, and Morocco.
Our keywords are Home, People, Happiness, Development, Leadership, Inclusion & Diversity, All with Passion!
Join us to bridge your dreams and unique ideas within an organization that believes in People !Job description
You’re a great handyman.
We’re great at home furnishing.
Together we make a great team. Let’s talk!
About the job
An IKEA carpenter’s responsibility is to support the Communication & Interior Design team throughout the IKEA store in visualising the uniqueness of the IKEA product range in exciting ways. You apply your understanding of the IKEA Concept and how the IKEA mechanical sales system works to create simple, safe and cost-efficient carpentry solutions of a high quality.
A day in your life with us:
- Contributing to positioning the IKEA store as the first choice for home furnishing in your local market.
- Following work briefs agreed with colleagues to implement all store media, such as wall constructions, floor laying, painting, tiling and the building of complex furniture installations.
- Planning and ordering materials and resources, ensuring accurate costs are sought and agreed in order to maximise efficiency and minimise costs.
- Working with your colleagues to make sure the store is always in excellent shape.
- Previous carpentry experience gained in a commercial business, ideally in the construction and building industry or from exhibition installations.
- A strong passion for quality, craftsmanship and home furnishing.
- Practical hands-on approach to your responsibilities and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to seek out opportunities to make improvements in the way we work.
- Good personal discipline and an ability to meet set deadlines.
A few more details for you
This position is full-time and is located in Kuwait. Some travel may be required.
Please send your CV in English and tell us why you would be a good fit for this role.