Jobs home > Carpenter
At IKEA, it is so much more than a job.
We are looking to welcome a Carpenter to join our amazing Communication & Interior Design Team. Although this role is based in the IKEA Leeds store there will be occasional travel to the IKEA Manchester Store.
In the IKEA world, we call this position a Carpenter Co-worker.
Expected Starting Date: 13th August 2022
WHAT WE OFFER
• This is a salaried Role
39 hours working 5 days out of 7,Monday to Friday however flexibility is required. Shifts will be flexible to accommodate store projects and will include occasional night shift and weekend working.
WORKING WITH US HAS ITS REWARDS
Our co-workers bring unique ideas and talent to work every day and we offer a variety of benefits that suit their and their family's everyday needs.
• 15% co-worker discount & I-Benefits discount portal helping you save £100’s on High street retailers
• Free & Confidential Employee Assistance Program and Wellbeing Portal
• X3 Life Assurance, enhanced statutory pension contributions & interest free loans
• Holiday on Christmas Eve & Christmas Day
• Family Friendly policies & benefits
• Commitment to your development throughout your IKEA career, starting on your first day
• Free parking and you can also enjoy a free hot or cold meal option every shift!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE
Do you have a passion for quality, craftsmanship & home furnishing? Then we may have the job for you.
We are looking for someone who will be responsible for the carpentry solutions in store, you are part of a team but can work on your own prioritising & organising your work in order to make the most efficient use of time & meet agreed deadlines. You always have the customer at heart in everything you do.
• You have previous carpentry experience gained in a commercial business, ideally retail fit-out, the construction and building industry or from exhibition installations.
• proven experience in carpentry and in the use of basic carpentry tools and equipment.
• Qualification in Carpentry NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Wood Occupations/Site Carpentry is essential
• You have a strong passion for quality, craftsmanship and home furnishing.
• You are skilled in woodworking and furniture & fixture building
• Possess a broad range of handyman & carpentry skills, have a flexible approach and no task is too small for you.
• You have a willingness to learn and you are approachable and have a natural fast pace.
• You desire to seek out opportunities to make improvements in the way we work to increase quality and efficiency.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
• Contributing to positioning the IKEA store as the first choice for home furnishing in your local market.
• Following work briefs agreed with colleagues to implement all store media, such as wall constructions, floor laying, painting and the building of complex furniture installations.
• Planning and ordering materials and resources, ensuring accurate costs are sought and agreed in order to maximise efficiency and minimise costs.
• Working with your colleagues to make sure the store is always in excellent shape
• Wall finishes – painting, wallpaper
• Floor finishes – laminate and hardwood
• Skirting and Architraves
• Kitchen & bathroom installations to a high showroom standard
• Shopfitting and fixtures
WE CARE FOR THE PEOPLE
It takes the diversity of thought, background, and culture to make great ideas a reality. We welcome candidates from all walks of life to join us, where we feel valued for our uniqueness and recognised for our diverse talents.
RECRUITMENT PROCESS INFORMATION
If you have any special requirements during the interview process, please let us know as soon as possible.
First step, please attach an updated CV with your application so we can get to know you better.
Second step, if successful you will be invited to an interview with one of our hiring managers.
Come see things a little differently with us and be part of creating a better everyday life for the many.
IKEA reserves the right to close a job vacancy earlier than originally advertised.
For any advice or support, email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help!