The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the Job
This role supports Store IT systems, service requests and IT incidents incl. IT hardware equipment, application systems and operations. The role requires working closely with store co-workers, super users, SO IT team and external IT vendors to ensure high availability, stability and security of IT system to support store activities and operations.
• Perform day-to-day IT operations and support activities in the store ensuring that IT systems perform with high availability, performance and security
• Investigate, trouble-shoot, follow up and communicate with store users on their IT support incidents and service requests with resolution, closure, work-around and escalation
• Perform Store IT support according to IT policies, standards and SOPs
• Support IT audit, compliance and security reviews & assessments
• Support implementation of local Store IT project activities within planned scope, schedule and budgets
• Support Store super users in testing, training, implementation and upgrade of Store IT systems incl. associated technical documentation
• Support and coordinate with SO IT in system security patches and anti-virus updates on Store IT systems on need basis
• Maintain inventory records of hardware, software license and support contracts
• Support IT hardware, software, license and subscription compliance through physical checks and tools (Service Desk and SCCM).
• Coordinate on-site work with authorised vendors during rebuild, relocations or repairs.
• Support SO IT and Store BN in IT budget preparation and contract renewal of Store IT hardware, software licenses, application support, subscription & other IT services procurement with due diligence
• Support system & data backup, recovery procedures to ensure effective and timely recovery of business data & IT services in the event of an emergency or disaster situation
• Provide standby weekend & after office support if required or rostered
• A diploma in IT Professional disciplines (Computer / Information Technology)
• Minimum 3 years of experience in IT support role
• Practical knowledge to support super users, system support and testing
• Practical experience in IT support including Service Desk, System monitoring, Backup & restore, Patching & Malware protection
• IT Support experience of IT systems in retail environment (Microsoft Navision, LS Retail, POS, CRM, SQL Database)
• Working knowledge of IT infrastructure, network and security technologies (Windows Servers, Active Directory, Azure, VMWARE, EMC Storage, CISCO Routers, Switches & WLAN, Firewall, SCCM and Azure Cloud)
• Familiar with store operations, e-commerce and retail business processes