The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.Job description
Purpose of the job
- To create inspiring store solutions for an easy and convenient shopping experience.
- Increasing vitality by translating deep knowledge about consumer buying behavior, store layout, range presentation and local market knowledge.
Responsibilities of the job
- Use visual merchandising competence to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA identity.
- Actively contribute to the department action plan with initiatives that will grow the business and support long-term profitability and execute the agreed plans in close co-operation with other functions.
- Keep visitors in mind when working on the shop floor, minimize disruption and remain aware at all times of the importance of safety and the visual impact for visitors.
- Work together with the team member and other functions.
- Actively contribute to gathering insights about store layout and range presentation and translating this knowledge into relevant and inspiring store solutions that will support a convenient shopping experience and reflect the local needs of life at home.
- Ability to combine commercial, aesthetic and practical skills.
- Ability to generate, visualise and present new ideas.
- Confident in approaching and communicating clearly with different people in various situations.
- Have a flexible and hands-on approach to responsibilities as well as the ability to meet set deadlines.
- Provide home furnishing solutions that improve people’s life at home.
- Understand life at home in the local market and the outcome of market research.
- Understand trends that influence home furnishing and retailing.
- Passionate in home furnishing and retail industry.
- Able to work on shifts, weekends and public holiday.
Please apply by 10 April 2023
You are invited to this Life at Home Journey with IKEA, click here to begin Life at Home Journey With IKEA Your job application will be prioritized when your complete Life at Home journey with IKEA.
Read more about
IKEA Vision and Story