Jobs home > Communication & Interior Design Manager, IKEA Delft (40 hours/week)
You see things a little differently. So do we. Leadership at IKEA is simple, clear and humble. We are not fans of bureaucracy and complicated hierarchy. Come see things a little differently with us.
You have deep passion, curiosity and understanding of home furnishing, people’s everyday life at home, interior design, shopping behaviours, retailing and communication. You lead and inspire managers and co-workers in this new era and always thrive to get the best out of people. You are skilled in setting clear directions and following up goals in an always changing environment. Additionally you:
- Have a commercial mindset
- Have excellent people skills
- Can act as an inspiring and motivating leader who can engage people
- Continually seek opportunities to make improvements in the way we work and encourage your team
- Are an inspiring and motivating leader who can manage a diverse team and engage people fully in reaching goals, generating growth and long-term profitability
- Have a design-based/artistic educational qualification and / or a solid background of working in a design-oriented role
- Are fluent in English
About the job
This challenging position of Communication & Interior Design manager calls for a talented person who can lead and inspire a creative team. In addition to leading the department, you are also part of the store management team.
Your task is to maximise the impact of the IKEA Delft store as a retail medium that converts visitors into satisfied customers, and stimulate repeated visits by presenting the IKEA range in a way that is attractive and relevant to the local market. You will manage the areas of Graphic Communication, Visual Merchandising, Interior Design & SISAN Team. Your responsibilities will include setting the strategic directions of development in these fields, in close cooperation with the store management team, as well as with teams responsible for these areas. You will make clear action plans and challenge your team and yourself in order to strengthen the IKEA Delft store and exceed customer expectations.
Your tasks include
- Creating the many relevant, functional, beautiful, sustainable and affordable solutions in different distinct styles, using the richness of the IKEA product range.
- Visualising the uniqueness of the IKEA offer to distance us from our competitors.
- Securing the use of the layout as a commercial tool to plan and implement commercial strategies throughout the store.
- Setting and implementing action plans and budgets.
- Recruiting, developing and leading your team by encouraging open, constructive and honest two-way feedback.
- Securing that the IKEA home furnishing solutions provide a successful shopping experience for our customers
- Secure a great working environment for your co-workers that is attractive and full of opportunities
- Empowering your team by delegating responsibility to help them grow and develop, according to their individual ability and experience.
The IKEA brand is one of the most successful home furnishing brands in the world. We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. IKEA stores offer almost 10,000 affordable home furnishing products and solutions. Today there are over 403 IKEA stores in 49 countries around the world.
The IKEA Delft store is part of Inter IKEA Systems B.V., owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide IKEA franchisor.
Please reply with your CV and a motivation letter. Applications without a letter and / or CV will not be taken into consideration.
If you passed the first screening, you will be invited for a first interview. The total process consists of 3 interviews and an assessment.
Do you have any additional questions, please contact our recruiter, Laura via 06-50157594
At IKEA the customers is in focus. Our customers visits the store at various times, also in the evening, in weekends, during national holidays and during school holiday. We expect that you will be present with the customer visits us. Of course, you have an impact on you schedule yourself as well.
If you grow IKEA grows. Together with us you can explore the career possibilities in an inspirational working experience with international options. We offer you a spot where people are given the possibility to do what they do best. Let us grow together!