Jobs home > Removing and Storing Carbon Leader
IKEA is a global retail company with the vision to create a better everyday life for the many people. IKEA loves wood. It is renewable, recyclable and an excellent environmental choice when from responsibly managed forests. We are now looking for a Removing and Storing Carbon Leader Viet Nam to join our Wood Supply and Forestry team in South East Asia & South Asia.
Wood Supply & Forestry
In Wood Supply & Forestry we are a diverse group of down-to-earth, straightforward people with passion for forestry and home furnishing. We work every day to enable IKEA to influence responsible forest management and wood use practices in the world. To secure accessibility of wood from responsibly managed forests through optimised supply chains and a positive impact on the world’s forests beyond our own needs leading to a positive impact on people, planet and the society
For a lot of people the possibility for a better life is severely threatened by the climate crisis. All pathways of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change to limit to global warming to 1.5°C count on deforestation being halted and reversed and on carbon dioxide removal from the atmosphere by afforestation, reforestation and forest restoration. As climate is a prioritised strategic focus for IKEA business transformation, an increasingly critical agenda is Agriculture, Forestry and Other Land use contribution to climate change mitigation. We have decided to invest in activities that remove and store carbon from the atmosphere through forestry and other land use!
We think that you see the opportunity to expand the area of sustainably managed forests so that the carbon could be stored in long lasting wood products such as furniture and serve the needs of the many people, while the new trees would capture even more carbon. You see innovative partnerships as enabler. We work hard to make sure everyone’s voice is heard and that everyone can make a difference. We offer positions that challenge your skills and inspire you to grow. Come see things a little bit differently with us!
As Removing and Storing carbon leader you will be part of a newly created Removing and Storing Carbon program team that focuses on achieving the highest possible removal and storage of carbon for climate change mitigation in forestry and other land use. This will be measured through carbon removed from the atmosphere, which is then stored in the land, plants and their products.
You will evaluate potential contribution to climate change mitigation for different land use development opportunities to secure the best possible contribution from the IKEA investment. And, most importantly, you will have the key role in making the most impactful opportunities become reality!
In this assignment you will:
- Identify land use development opportunities and evaluate expected performance in terms of contribution to climate change mitigation and sustainable development
- Evaluate success factors, complexity and risk of the land use development opportunity and put forward recommendation(s) and business case(s) for evaluation
- Create long term professional partnerships with agreed partners and implementers including the development of frameworks, cooperation agreements and financing models
- Enable and support the implementation of the land use development opportunities, including monitoring and verification of performance
In addition to leading the regional program you will also have Wood supply and forestry specialist assignment in the region and in this you will:
- Support suppliers in their implementation of IWAY Forestry standards and wood procurement routines and making it integral part of their management systems;
- Verify the compliance with IWAY forestry standard;
- Support the business teams to have relevant knowledge to drive the Wood Supply & Forestry agenda in the region within defined part of the business and legal framework of IKEA
We believe you have strong leadership and coaching capabilities. You have the ability to organise and work independently along with the ability to work with and through others. Being analytical, structured and methodical with good time management and drive to meet deadlines. You are and honest with high integrity.
We believe that you have:
- A passion and knowledge about forestry and other land use systems;
- Bachelor degree required Masters preferred Forestry or related field
- Experience of working in forestry and wood processing industry and knowledge of sustainable forest management, timber trade and/or wood product supply chain;
- Good understanding of national legislation in forestry and other land use related areas;
- Experience of engaging in dialogue with government, NGOs, and other stakeholders;
- Ability of taking leadership and managing projects to achieve results;
- Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities/deadlines and moderate stress;
- Ability to cope with extensive domestic and international travel;
- Ability to work independently and in a team and to stay motivated with a “hands on” approach;
- Ability to speak and communicate effectively in English and Vietnamese/..
- Skills related to wood processing industry will be seen as an advantage.
If you have questions regarding the recruitment process or position please contact People and Culture Generalist, Nhung Nguyen Thi Kieu (email: email@example.com). The recruitment will take place continuously so please send in your application in English as soon as possible, however not later than February 28th, 2021.