Jobs home > Sustainability Compliance Auditor
IKEA offers well-designed, functional home furnishings at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. The role of the supply process is to buy, produce and distribute the IKEA range at the lowest total cost, making high quality available to the customer under good social and environmental conditions. IKEA Purchasing Area South East Asia has co-workers based in Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok and Jakarta; and is one of nine Purchasing Areas in the world.
Wherever you are in life, discover how much further you can go!
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do it by offering well-designed, functional home furnishings at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. But low prices don’t come at any price. The IKEA business will become circular by 2030. A sustainability compliance auditor helps to enable a sustainable and resilient business within the limits of the planet. You work together with business teams to deliver results and secure the IKEA requirements related to sustainability are met by our business partners. Show us how you’d do it.
What you will be doing
You will work both on social and environmental sustainability projects and sustainability compliance projects. You will identify, develop and lead implementation of sustainability projects in the value chain, in cooperation with business teams and business partners. You will explore opportunities to partner or collaborate with external stakeholders on sustainability compliance and social and environmental projects. You will also perform verification audits in accordance with working methods to support business partners to take ownership of compliance.
You will support business partners to take ownership of compliance through verification audits, including:
- Analysing facts from audits and assessments to draw conclusions for both short term and long term actions that will strengthen compliance
- Support business partners to develop sustainable management practices including, but not limited to, organization, policies, internal auditing, root cause analysis, competence development, worker engagement, key performance indicators
- Plan and perform risk-based sustainability compliance audits/assessments where needed (environment and social & working conditions) in accordance with IWAY Standard & IKEA working methods and all other relevant mandatory documents and local legislations at the facilities of Business Partners.
- Support IKEA business teams in implementation and maintenance of sustainability compliance at the facilities of Business Partners.
- Identifying good practices of compliance and its economic benefits to Business.
Why we will love you:
You have a passion in Sustainability, a deep knowledge of:
- Social & Environmental auditing experience of 5-7years.
- Knowledge of legal laws related to Social and Environmental Compliance.
- Compliance Management Systems in relation to Factory Operations.
- Self-Driven and Analytical skills.
- Communication and motivation skills.
- Coaching & Interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to travel about 50% of the working hours.
IKEA Purchasing & Logistics Area South East Asia is team of more than 150 problem-solvers, based in Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok and Jakarta. The IKEA vision to create a better everyday life for the many motivates us to develop, produce, supply and distribute IKEA products that are affordable and accessible for everyone. We have always challenged designs, processes or technologies in rebellious ways, and from surprising angles to get better answers. And guess what? We always will. It’s all part of our vision to create a better everyday life for the many. And it’s been keeping us going for more than 75 years. Maybe you can help us?
We would love to know more about you and your motivation for this job! Please send us your application in English by 20th June. And we believe that your value is greater and more important than how much your CV can withstand. So, if you like the idea of working at IKEA, write and let's meet.