Jobs home > Customs Compliance (With International Trade Experience)
IKEA is one of the world's leading home furnishing companies. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
The Inter IKEA Group is a part of Inter IKEA Systems B.V., owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide IKEA franchisor.
IKEA Supply is part of IKEA Range & Supply and is responsible for securing that the product offer is produced and delivered to our customers. We lead the supply agenda across many functions and work together with all business areas, different business units, but also retail markets to secure customer availability in all markets and sales channels at lowest total cost.
IKEA Purchasing and Logistics Services US Inc. is part of our Purchasing and Logistics Area Americas which also has an office in Curitiba, Brazil and Mexico City, Mexico, and is a subsidiary of the Inter IKEA Group.
Most people see a table. You see the challenge of getting it to customers. We work hard to make sure everyone’s voice is heard and that everyone can make a difference. We offer positions that challenge your skills and inspire you to grow. Come see things a little bit differently with us.
About the job
The primary purpose of the Compliance Coordinator is to secure the day to day operations in import and export compliance. This will require the ability to follow specific rules and methods as well as the ability to consider new processes, organizations and solutions for the Americas. You will help to ensure compliance throughout the import/export process with an emphasis on data analysis and technology.
About the assignment
As a Compliance Coordinator at IKEA your days will consist of a variety of job tasks with everyday likely being a little different. Among other things, you:
- Support compliance in the Americas region and operational teams in both US and Canada or any other country that may be added in the future
- Respond to compliance inquiries from US Custom authorities and Partner Government Agencies
- Support with the filing of Drawback claims, post entry and Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) as needed in order to maintain compliant and accurate reporting to US Customs
- Support the development, implementation and documentation of working methods across Compliance and Operations
- Perform internal reviews and audits of import and export entry data to evaluate entry accuracy and to identify control weaknesses and develop solutions
- Interface with other key IKEA departments impacting Customs functions operations
- Support and participate in audits and the variety of projects taking place
You enjoy working with others and are motivated by developing yourself and your co-workers. You thrive in a diverse and global environment and have strong communications skills, both written and verbal. Additionally, we believe that you:
- Have knowledge of the supply chain and the customs entry process
- Have a four year college degree (preferred) or at least four years of experience in import/export
- Have excellent problem solving, decision making, organizational skills and strong prioritization skills
- Proficiency in PC and Microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, Access) and other current technology
- Have good ability to document and communicate in a clear way, regarding manuals and working methods
- Are willing to travel internationally (1-5% of the time)
At IKEA, we value diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are committed to providing coworkers with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We encourage individualism and invite you to come join our team and be yourself with us!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to learn more about current opportunities? Come say Hej (hello in Swedish) here: https://about.ikea.com/en/work-with-us