3 countries - Kuwait, Jordan, and Morocco,
serving millions of customers every year to create a better everyday life for the many people.
This is us in IKEA Al-Homaizi Limited.
Our keywords are Home, People, Happiness, Development, Leadership, Diversity, and Passion.
Join us to bridge your dreams and unique ideas within an organization that believes in People.Job description
Optimize sales and gross margin and profit within my home furnishing department through competitive pricing. I do this by understanding the IKEA business and range priorities, markets we operate in, competitors and my consumers’ living situations. I analyze current trends, predict and optimize current and future commercial opportunities in a close working partnership with our stores and IKEA of Sweden. I work with the stores’ shopkeepers/sales managers and supervisors in my home furnishing department to ensure they understand the strategies and how best to present range in a commercial way.
A day in your life with us:
- Securing that the range in our markets is selected and priced in accordance to the organization’s strategy.
- Achieve the Sales and Gross Margin goals in order to reach the sales targets for as defined in the business plan.
- You are the matrix contact for shopkeepers in our stores and together with them drive the annual plan for sales & range.
- Stay in contact with IKEA of Sweden and the distributor to select, price, phase in and out the range for our markets.
- Perform all range administration in the sales IT-system for products belonging to your business area.
- You stay in weekly contact and support the shopkeepers in the stores to regularly conduct competitor analysis in our markets, collecting and spreading good sales solutions and communicate the agreed KPI’s within your area.
- Work closely with the Logistics manager to secure that the sales forecasts are adapted to the sales patterns in order to achieve an optimal goods flow.
- You work closely together with the Communication and Interior Design team in the Service Office to secure the optimal range presentation in our stores.
- Set prices on the IKEA range and you work closely with the shopkeepers in the stores to continuously track competitors’ price levels to secure IKEA’s low price leadership. You make sales budgets for the IKEA range as well.
- Maintain continuous communication with the IKEA range distributor regarding the Range and its annual IKEA cycle.
- Contribute to the planning, execution, and follow-up of the stores’ commercial calendars and the marketing activities calendar to ensure availability of products in close relationship with the Logistics department.
- Sales & Merchandising experience of 5 years as a minimum on a managerial regional level within retail or customer focused service industry. Pervious home furnishing experience is a plus.
- Experience in setting and implementing action plans, setting budgets and following up goals.
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly in English.
- High communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Computer proficient. (MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
A few more details for you
This position is full-time and is located in Kuwait. Some travel may be required.