Who you are
•Up-to-date knowledge of how to lead communication by defining, planning, executing and follow up communication to relevant
stakeholders to keep our co-workers well informed, engaged and empowered.
• Experience in assessing communication needs, as well as planning, executing and measuring effectiveness of communication activities.
• Experience in using relevant tools, applications and channels. Basic layout skills.
• Strong written and spoken communication skills
• Deep understanding of the process for delivering efficient communication and stakeholder plans, tools and the IKEA communication channels
• Excellent knowledge of the IKEA Brand identity, tone of voice, key values, and vision to ensure the right representation.
• Understanding of the IKEA People + Planet Positive strategy and how communication can support reaching its goals.
• Shares and lives the IKEA culture and values.
• Passionate about Life at Home, our contribution to society, communication and modern digital retailing trends and turning them into
• Passionate about communication as a business enabler.
• Motivated by supporting other people to be excellent communicators.
• Interested in following communication trends and turning them into practice.
• Has a strong customer focus.
• Energized by working both independently and interdependently with communication network and across functions.
• Develop, maintain, and evaluate effective and professional communication for our co-workers, building commitment and loyalty
towards the IKEA Brand.
• Work to create an open, sharing climate where our co-workers are well informed, the IKEA culture is a living reality, and work toward
reaching our IKEA goal to be the employer of choice in the local community.
• Enable effective internal communication and assist in the creation of prerequisites for our leaders and
co-workers to be our best ambassadors.
• Member of the site management team. Participate and contribute to the local business/action plan
• Plan, coordinate, produce, and follow up on overall unit communication plan.
• Support managers, team leaders and co-workers with communication activities and change management. Work to develop their
communication and change management competences.
• Be an ambassador of the IKEA Brand and the IKEA culture and values, and secure that this is reflected in all communication material.
• Secure that the IKEA home furnishing expertise is reflected on-site.
• Secure collaboration and alignment of communication activities between relevant stakeholders in the local market.
• Actively work on improvement of content creation and channel development for co-worker engagement, based on trends in the communication field.
Our team within Ikea
Our team is the voice of IKEA. We use words, pictures and videos to tell the story about IKEA, to build our brand and inspire people with our offer. We bounce ideas back and forth, we challenge each other and we are crazy passionate about communication. Of course we’re also the ones who make sure to keep all our fellow co-workers informed, engaged and connected in a constantly changing business environment.
JUST SO YOU KNOW
In the IKEA world, this position is officially referred to as: Communication Responsible.