The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.Job description
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
- You develop sales in an efficient and effective way in all media in order to attract more customers to our IKEA store.
- You lead and inspire your team, other functions and the store to achieve maximum sales growth and profitability.
- You ensure the store is in excellent shape as new and fully and efficiently stocked with the four merchandising basics in place at all times and that the IKEA product range is presented in ways that inspire and satisfy customers.
- You ensure your team has all the correct knowledge about the product range in your department and the IKEA services so that they can share this with IKEA customers to improve their overall shopping experience.
- You understand the different IKEA sales and communication channels and IKEA know-how in order to make the best commercial use of this information for different customers.
- You take responsibility for your department goals and secure that your action plan ensures the country priorities for your Home Furnishing Business (HFB) are implemented in your store.
- You and your team actively sales steer to your department’s top-selling products, prioritised products (e.g. overstock/ övertag) and IKEA service products in order to maximise sales and long-term profitability.
- You ensure the team have the right number of co-workers in the right place at the right time to ensure your co-workers are ready and available to meet our customers.
- You act quickly on commercial opportunities; changing availability of products (overstock and out of stock) and customer feedback (10 most asked questions).
- You actively promote the IKEA social and environmental commitment and work with your team to understand how, together, you can contribute to sustainability.
- You have a minimum of 3 years working experience as a leader in retail industry.
- You are flexible to work on Public Holidays and Weekends.
- Your interest in people’s everyday life at home and home furnishing.
- You have the ability to work together in a team and open to change/highly flexible.
- You are able to make quick decisions and take personal initiatives.
- You communicate well in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- You are able to prioritise and organise your own work to make efficient use of the time available.
You are invited to the Life at Home journey with IKEA. Click >>here* to begin your journey. Kindly note that your job application will be processed when you complete the assignment.
*If you can't access the link, please go to the original job posting at Smart Recruiter.
Working with us has its rewards
Wherever you work within IKEA Southeast Asia, you enjoy a wide range of benefits. Here are just some of them:
Co-workers are our most values customers and are entitled to a 15% discount on any home furnishings and food sold in our stores, from the first day of work.
We offer flexi benefits to cater our co-workers who are in different life stages with differing benefits needs. Within an annual Flexible Spending Account, co-workers can claim against dental, optical, fitness memberships or classes, vaccination or immunisation, non-insured outpatient medical expenses, health screenings, health supplements, IKEA purchases, health aid & equipment and mental health.
Maternity and paternity leave
We give mother four consecutive months of maternity leave and father receives four weeks of paid time off after a baby has arrived to help share the joys – and responsible – at home.
We enjoy special occasions together and give tokens to mark birthdays, marriage, the arrival of a baby. We reward loyalty through our Long Service Awards/
As home furnish experts, we take pride in providing inspiring workplaces that showcase IKEA products and create a relaxed, open atmosphere where we work side by side.
All co-workers may earn an annual financial reward when we meet our shared business objectives.
All co-workers are given free parking.
Please apply by 6 March 2023.