The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.Job description
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
The purpose of this function is to ensure that the store has proper systems and teams (contracted and co-working) in place to deliver results, and keep our properties, buildings and supporting infrastructure in safe, working order, available and open for business. Through effective facilities management and maintenance, we seek to extend the life of our assets and investments while extracting the maximum value out of our properties and operations in order to keep our costs as low as possible, in order to strengthen IKEA's position as the best home furnishing specialist in the market.
- You manage all facility management service contracts and vendors, ensuring that the scope of works is in line with the Matrix and that the services and assets are being delivered and maintained to IKEA SEAMEX expectations.
- You manage the facility operations, energy consumption, and maintenance of the facilities infrastructure, buildings, with the aim of being operationally efficient. Ensure technical teams are trained and competent for operations and maintenance of the building.
- You investigate and take corrective actions to overcome technical problems by developing and implementing solutions, trouble shoot on day to day operational problems of facilities and building. Take charge on all emergency control on and off hours.
- You manage the functions’ business plan, keeping it updated and ensuring that all approved plans are executed in an efficiently and timely method. Lead the costing, project management and implementation of any base building work changes. You ensure that our buildings and property are compliant to statutory legal requirements and that IKEAs’ rules and regulations, Policies and SOP’s are adhered to. Perform periodical quality control inspections to ensure adherence to company specifications and standards.
- You actively engage with stakeholders in fire prevention, safety and security processes, while participating in periodic assessment and compliance reviews.
- You work together with the store operation to plan, develop and execute programme on a continuous basis to ensure the improvement of the store and the building. Create, propose, maintain, and communicate a comprehensive property plan for understanding and collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience in facilities management/ maintenance management/ building operations maintenance, hands on knowledge in handling all technical aspects of building and facilities management with Project Management Experience.
- Property, Technical or Engineering Degree/ Diploma or relevant trade experience in Property and Facilities Management.
- Well versed in all local laws & regulations governing property maintenance, building management, statutory compliance and certification and licence.
- Possesses strong service ethic, pro-active, can-do attitude and problem-solving skills.
You are invited to the Life at Home journey with IKEA. Click >>here* to begin your journey. Kindly note that your job application will be processed when you complete the assignment.
*If you can't access the link, please go to the original job posting at Smart Recruiter.
Working with us has its rewards
Wherever you work within IKEA Southeast Asia, you enjoy a wide range of benefits. Here are just some of them:
Co-workers are our most values customers and are entitled to a 15% discount on any home furnishings and food sold in our stores, from the first day of work.
We offer flexi benefits to cater our co-workers who are in different life stages with differing benefits needs. Within an annual Flexible Spending Account, co-workers can claim against dental, optical, fitness memberships or classes, vaccination or immunisation, non-insured outpatient medical expenses, health screenings, health supplements, IKEA purchases, health aid & equipment and mental health.
Maternity and paternity leave
We give mother four consecutive months of maternity leave and father receives four weeks of paid time off after a baby has arrived to help share the joys – and responsible – at home.
We enjoy special occasions together and give tokens to mark birthdays, marriage, the arrival of a baby. We reward loyalty through our Long Service Awards/
As home furnish experts, we take pride in providing inspiring workplaces that showcase IKEA products and create a relaxed, open atmosphere where we work side by side.
All co-workers may earn an annual financial reward when we meet our shared business objectives.
All co-workers are given free parking.
Please apply by 20 March 2023.