Jobs home > Staff Planning Specialist
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. Come see things a little differently with us and help us create a better everyday life for the many people.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
- Support Store Operations Manager and Human Resources Manager in driving all matters relating to store productivity, efficiency and how to ensure the store makes the best use of available staff resources whilst maintaining an effective connection with and between business owners and functions.
- Contribute to the development of the store staff planning strategy including working hour budgets for each area, staff cost budgets, KPI commitments, and scenario plans and support the overall Business by providing simulations, scenarios and forecasts.
- Responsible for the utilization of staffing systems and tools in the store, ensuring they reflect optimized staff planning practices.
- Responsible to analyze and adjust when necessary the driver forecast figures and requirement settings related to staff planning with consideration of commercial activities and identified business needs prior to the start of each scheduling period.
- Responsible for providing draft schedules to all departments in a timely manner and liaising with managers on the development of final schedules, providing specialist support, guidance and training on the scheduling tools and follow-up reports related to staff planning to end users.
- Meet with department managers on a frequent basis to support in the development, adaptation and improvement of quality schedules that are within budget and have updated co-worker availability and skill levels and constantly review the business from a multichannel perspective keeping the customer in focus.
- Responsible for ensuring scheduled hours, including planned absences such as vacation, fit within the agreed financial framework and follow the agreed escalation process when scheduled or actual worked hours used exceed the framework
- Continuously follow-up on staffing optimization KPIs add how they relate to store KPIs, produce daily/ weekly/ monthly productivity reports, working hour forecasts and update store management team.
- Analyze, provide and communicate reliable Business Navigation information, securing holistic analysis and relevant recommendations to monitor and steer business and operational activities in order to fulfil goals for relevant stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of new business information reports, formats (common tools), follow-ups for evaluation of business opportunities and the production of ad hoc reports;
- Analyze, research and evaluate alternative solutions and recommend the most applicable and cost-effective solutions.
- Assess trends, business opportunities, ways of working and risks and advise on actions for improvement and communicate in a clear and inspiring way to create energy around the performance and way forward.
- Staff scheduling experience in a customer-focused service industry, preferably retail.
- Knowledge of local legal requirements and employment legislation.
- Computer proficiency with intermediate MS Excel skills and a good understanding of data science, new technologies, analytics and their wide-ranging application in business context.
- Computer proficiency with intermediate MS Excel skills.
- Ability to take and analyze complex data and make it simple, relevant and understandable for decision-makers.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate people and tasks, follow up and work with a sense of urgency.
- Have a passion for providing the best possible staffing levels in order to maximize sales and improve the customer’s shopping experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of how to structure data and information in both processes and information technology tools to ensure reliable, accessible and relevant information, always securing the appropriate levels of privacy and security.
- High proficiency in spoken and written English
JOB-SPECIFIC CAPABILITIES LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES
- Attention to detail: thoroughness and quality in accomplishing a task; provide timely, accurate and reliable data
- Analytical: to examine data, determine cause & effects, draw conclusions;
- Results Orientation: to focus on meeting and exceeding the desired result;
- Strong Collaborator – being good at building alliances and working together with the team and other stakeholders in the Store and Service office
- Ability to communicate in clear, straight forward manner.
At IKEA we have our customers always in focus and we are there for them at any time they shop with us. This means that we expect you to be there as well, also during the evenings and weekends.
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace and as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together.