Thanks for connecting!
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s a big job, and one we at Inter IKEA Systems B.V. take seriously.
Who are the many people? You are! Whether you’re an IKEA customer, co-worker or business partner, the IKEA vision is all about you.
If you’re reading this, you’re probably curious what information we collect and how we use it. The IKEA Job Portal website will process mainly technical data regarding the use of the website. However, we cannot rule out that this technical data could be related to the user of the website, and as a consequence your personal information is processed.
Only if you are interested in a job and click on "apply for job" you will be connected to the recruitment page of the associated IKEA organisation, where (also non-technical) personal information may be processed. There it will be explained what information will be processed should you choose to submit your application.
1. How we respect your privacy
Our approach at Inter IKEA Systems B.V. is to be as open and transparent as possible about how we collect and use your information.
First, we let you know exactly what information we collect and why. You can read all about that in the next section.
Second, we let you know what we do with your information. Who do we share it with? What do they do with it? You can read about that in section 3.
Third, we protect your information and let you know how long we keep it. Read about that in sections 4 and 5.
Finally, we let you know your choices when it comes to your personal information, including who to contact if you have questions or requests. Read about that in sections 6 and 7.
2. What information we collect and why
We want to make your IKEA experience great! To do that we collect several types of information about you.
If you are using a mobile device or browsing our website, we place cookies and collect data. We may collect your IP address or other device identifier, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other portable device information. Furthermore, we may process the total time spend on our website, time spend on each page and in what order, what internal links were clicked, the geographic location of the device, screen size, whether Flash or Java is installed and the referring site.
We use that information to enhance your browsing experience as follows.
- We recognize you and apply your preferred settings.
- We can give you a browsing experience that is unique to you and serve you content which we believe improves your site experience.
- We analyse how you use our site which helps us to troubleshoot any problems and to monitor our own performance.
- We may use your cookie data for our internal business purposes, such as enhancing our site, improving our services and products and identifying usage trends.
- We may also use your cookie data to monitor the use of our website and ensure that our website is presented in the most effective and relevant manner for you and your device and setting default options for you (such as language).
We do not use your personal data to serve ads on our website or to provide it to third parties. We process this personal data solely because it is necessary for our legitimate interest to provide a personalized and well-functioning website. You can opt-out of cookies by managing your cookie preferences [here].
We use the following types of cookies:
|Apstr||Used for the job apply URL ending which consists of query strings related to tracking.||Performance cookies||Yes||End of Session|
|utmzSource||Custom source tracking for Apply URLs. The custom source is the referring URL, e.g. Google, Yahoo, or a TalentBrew.||Performance cookies||Yes||End of Session|
|viewedJobs||Contains the Job ID and Client ID of the job a user viewed. Used for the Recently Viewed Jobs Module.||Functional cookies||Yes||30 days|
|savedViewedJobs||Contains the Job ID and Client ID of jobs a user has marked as ‘saved‘. This is also used for the Recently Viewed Jobs Module.||Functional cookies||No||30 days|
|searchFormCookie||Used for storing the user’s last location they have selected to search.||Functional cookies||No||30 days|
|isMobile||Contains a True or False value to indicate if browser is a mobile web browser.||Functional cookies||No||End of Session|
|Personalization||Contains the user’s location, via geo location, and the last 5 category/location searches.||Functional cookies||No||30 days|
We use Google Analytics for metrics, with a privacy-friendly set-up, which means that we have masked the last octet of the IP-address, disabled data sharing with Google (for advertisement purposes), we have not enabled the function for User IDs and we don’t use other Google services in combination with Google-analytics-cookies. The user-level and event-level data stored by Google Analytics is automatically deleted after 14 months.
3. Who we share your information with
We do not sell or trade your information to third parties, but we share with others who can help us achieve the IKEA vision. In order to provide the website we share your information with authorised IKEA service providers. We use for the hosting and maintenance of the website, the provision of website metrics as well as other supporting services, service providers in Europe and the United States.
4. How we keep your personal information safe
We protect your information from all kinds of threats: destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. We do this in a variety of ways depending on where we store and use it.
We are a part of a global group of companies, and we have service providers and business partners in many parts of the world. In some cases, we might have to transfer your information to one of these companies located outside the European Economic Area. We do our best to keep your information safe in these cases. But technology can make it challenging, especially social media. In situations where your information will end up outside our control we always ask your consent first.
In addition, we rely on so-called adequacy decisions from the EU. This means that the EU believes a country’s own laws or agreements provide adequate protection for your personal data. For example, we may want to store your information in the United States. In this case, we rely on the Privacy Shield Network, an agreement between the EU and US governments.
Some countries don’t have an adequacy decision. If we share information with a company in such a country, we often sign EU Model Clauses with the recipient. These are legal texts provided by the EU Commission.
5. How long we keep your personal data
We keep your personal information no longer than 14 months after we collected your information.
6. Your privacy rights
You have many rights regarding your personal information. Read about them below. If you would like to exercise them or learn more, feel free to contact us! You can find contact detail at the end of this statement. Please note that some of the rights may not be applicable to your situation.
- Right of access
- You have the right to know what personal information we process and why. That’s why we inform you in advance about our processing activities via this statement. If you have any questions, or would you like to learn more about what information we process from you, you are always welcome to contact us and we will provide you with further information.
- Right to rectification
- If you believe we store wrong information about you, such as your name or address, you can ask us to correct this.
- Right to erasure / right to be forgotten
- You have the right to tell us to permanently erase your personal information from our records. You can do this for example if you believe there’s no longer any need for us to keep it. Or, if you previously have given your permission, you can just decide to withdraw it.
- Right to restrict the processing activities
- You have the right to restrict our processing activities in certain situations. This means we will continue to store your information, but we’ll temporarily stop any other processing. Why would you want to do this? For example if you’ve asked us to fix incorrect information. In this situation you may want us to stop processing until the information is correct.
- Right to data portability
- In certain situations you have the right to ask us to send your personal information in digital form to you, so that you can forward it to someone else.
- Right to object
- You have the right to object to the processing of your information, even when we have a legitimate legal reason to process it. You can do this when we process your information on the basis of our legitimate interest, and you believe that your personal interest outweighs ours. If you do not want us using your information for direct marketing purposes, including profiling, we will comply in any case.
- Right to withdraw consent
- If we process your personal information based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent anytime.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
- If you aren’t satisfied with the way we treat your personal information, you have the right to lodge a complaint about us to the national supervisory authority.
7. Who to contact?
If you have questions about our privacy statement or practices, please feel free to get in touch. You can contact us at:
Inter IKEA Systems B.V.
Olof Palmestraat 1
2616 LN Delft
or by email to